Attendance at Lydiard
We are very proud of the fact that our children like coming to school.
What we do to encourage good attendance:
- Exciting, fun lessons with great after school clubs & extension activities
- Praise good attendance and this is detailed in newsletters
- Carefully monitoring & intervention if a child starts to have a pattern of non-attendance
- Encouraging parents not to take children out of school time for holidays (these are not authorised)
- Adhering to the Wiltshire Policy for attendance & taking children out of school.
The school will only authorise absence for the following two reasons:
- When a family needs to spend time together to support each other during a crisis
- For service personnel & other employees who are prevented from taking holidays outside term time if the holiday will have minimal disruption to pupil’s education.
We cannot authorise the following:
- Availability of cheap holidays
- Availability of desired accommodation
- Overlap with the beginning or end of term.
Please see the attached documents for further information and clarification:
Click HERE for leave of absence form
For Wiltshire Council ‘Information for Parents and Carers’ on ‘Penalty Notices for Unauthorised Leave of Absence During Term Time’ click HERE.