It is my absolute pleasure to welcome you and your family to our school. I hope that you are all keeping well and that your child is excited about starting in EYFS. As you can imagine, our normal transition process would involve lots of face-to-face time for both parents and children and we are unable to do that at this time. We have reviewed our usual procedures and tried to replicate them as much as we can whilst working under the current Government guidelines. We are determined to do all we can to help you and your child feel ready for this exciting step.
As part of the induction process this term, we will:
- Share a welcome video message from your child’s class teachers (please see below).
- Share a PowerPoint of information about starting school (please see below).
- Schedule family Zoom meetings where you can meet the class teacher (via ParentMail).
- Issue a pack of information which will be available on the EYFS 2020 page (please see below) or available as a printed pack for collection on request from the School Office.
- Invite you to ‘Story Zooms’ where your child can see and hear their class teacher(s) reading a story (via ParentMail).
- Issue an electronic admissions form for you to complete (via ParentMail).
- Contact nursery settings for transition information.
Please click HERE for Key Dates for September.
We are very proud of our school, the children and the values we hold and we look forward to welcoming your family into our Lydiard Millicent family.
Mrs Carly Luce
After School Club
Free School Meals
Children in EYFS and Key stage 1 are eligible to receive FSM’s under the Universal Infant Free School Meals scheme (UIFSM).
Please note however, that only parents of new EYFS children, who are in receipt of a qualifying benefit, need to complete a FSM application form. Please enter the date the children will start school full time on top of the form.
All applications will be processed during the summer break. For convenience you can download an application form via this link: Free school meals – Wiltshire Council or you can apply online.